April 4, 2021 flora plant foliage in outdoor Jefferson Market Garden in New York City.
The Jefferson Market Garden is situated on a triangular city block, this 0.4-acre garden has been under the care of community volunteers since its inception in 1974.
From 1931 to 1973 the Women’s House of Detention sat adjacent to the courthouse, on the site of the current garden. Upon the demolition of the prison, the site was transferred to the New York City
Tucked away in the shadow of the Jefferson Market Library, from April to October this beautiful, well-kept garden oasis is open to the public.