The Hoboken Terminal, built in 1907, is a two-story Beaux-Arts structure designed by Kenneth Murchison, an architect with the firm of McKim, Mead & White, which designed the original Pennsylvania Station in Manhattan. The structure was originally a hub for ferries, trolleys, freight trains and passenger trains.
In 2004 the waiting room was renovated. A Tiffany glass ceiling rising more than fifty feet above the main waiting room with walls of limestone, iron, and bronze.The main concourse was adorned in Greek Revival motifs. The building has a double staircase from the main waiting room featuring ornate cast iron railings.